This is site news and bugs fixes page that was post on January 11th 2013.
- Introducing Commissions on deviantART
dA launched new Commissions widget to everyone, enabling artists to generate real earnings through custom creations. Artists can list their commission availability through the widget on their profile, clients can then request commissions from them, and once the artist accepts, they receive payment which then shows up as profit on their My Earnings page.
- Brush Updates for deviantART muro
Several additions have been made to deviantART muro in the form of new brush tools!
- dA been beta testing a text brush that is now released to everyone. You can paint on your canvas with words, and there's a large variety of fonts to choose from!
- Based on a suggestion by WilloughbyArevalo, we've also added to the eraser tool, so that you can erase using some of the same stylistic brushes that you use to draw! This allows for an even more dynamic creation experience with deviantART muro.
- Coming Soon: The New Submit Art Page!
One of the most heavily used features on deviantART is getting an upgrade! We'll soon be releasing improvements to the submission process. From uploading and selecting files to choosing a category, every step has been re-designed and reviewed by dA teams to ensure a user-friendly submission process. It's a whole new way to get your art out to the world. And with this comes new technology that will allow us to add even more features in the coming months.
The New Submit page has been in limited release to a group of several hundred thousand deviants and we've received an amazing amount of feedback. Thanks to such feedback, we've made further improvements to the page and fixed issues that arose during the limited release. Our data has since shown a significant increase in successful submissions among those using New Submit.
- The Collections sidebar of one's Favourites page could not be re-arranged in Google Chrome.
- There were some minor issues with dragging thumbnails in some browsers.
- Custom Gallery Folder icons were overlapping when viewed in Firefox.
- When using the left and right arrow keys to browse through stacks, sometimes the image would shift.
- The "remember settings" option didn't work properly if "My Scrapbook" or "My Journal" was selected.
- Under rare circumstances, a "loading editor failed" error would occur.
- Embed codes for film and deviantART muro redraws stopped working in Writer, and would instead disappear.
- For Sta.sh comments, if the comment was posted with an unclosed HTML tag, the comment would display as cut off in Internet Explorer.
- Sta.sh Writer would delete skinned journal entry contents when editing in Internet Explorer
- An extra empty line was added when splitting up a blockquote.