In Community Relations, volunteers make up the Community Volunteer team. Community Volunteers help the community out by providing it with a specific contact point in relation to galleries, chat and forums. You’ll find them doing the following:
- Helping run community challenges and educational projects
- Supporting community events
- Helping moderate featured chats
- Helping moderate forums
- Being part of the #help team.
- Being part of the team that moderate #devart and other official chatrooms
- Bringing rockstar deviants to your attention via features, articles and Daily Deviations
Community Relations adhere to a series of Core Values and if you’re interested in volunteering with it’s important you are familiar with them.
C O M M U N I T YEdit
We believe that our community is our most important resource and we strive to act in ways that nurture and encourage its growth, development and ultimately its ongoing success. We err on the side of the artist.
R E S P E C TEdit
We treat each other with respect, as we believe that every deviantART employee, volunteer, and member is a contributing factor to deviantART’s success. We acknowledge that even those that challenge our patience offer important lessons we can learn from and strive to do so.
E X C E L L E N C EEdit
We share a passion for excellence, quality and creativity in everything we do and strive to instill these values in our community.
A R T I S T SEdit
We are artists and we reserve time for creative expression. We recognize the importance of nurturing our inner artist, as not only beneficial to ourselves, but also integral to our connection with the community.
T R U S TEdit
We build trust among ourselves and within the community by being true to our word. We speak honestly and with integrity and hold ourselves personally accountable to deliver on commitments we’ve made.
E M P O W E REdit
We believe in a commitment to continuous learning and improvement, and maintaining open, positive communication that encourages and fosters creative genius.
Rules to become a Community VolunteerEdit
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- A Community Volunteer term is one(1) year, unless offered a Mentor spot which can run longer (this is rare).
- Former Volunteers can reapply 6 months after the end of their last term.